The Web Design Process
Think you might need a website? Please consider the following benefits to help you decide.
- A website gives customers detailed information about your business, unlike a short newspaper ad.
- You can advertise your business and products to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It is easy to announce sales or upcoming events.
- Products can be sold directly from your website.
- A website allows you to more effectively reach your target demographic.
- A properly designed website creates a more polished and professional business appearance for your customers.
Why choose me?
- I believe your website should go beyond the standard brochure: "who you are, what you offer, here's your logo."
- I can effectiently design and develop your website or implement changes to the site you already have.
- I am able to make you a website capable of sending text messages to your phone*, processing credit cards**, communicating with a database, or requiring a login. I will work with you to make sure your site has the visual appeal you want.
- The world wide web is huge. I know ways to draw attention to your site by optimizing the page content.
- I take the time to get to know your business, your goals, and your strengths and weaknesses so I can formulate an effective site for you.
- I am obsessive about making sure there are no typos. I can make your pages informative and grammatically correct.
- Using the tools available with Google Analytics, I can provide you real time statistics showing how visitors navigate your site. This provides information to help guide site changes.
* standard text message rates apply to receive messages.
** merchant account required.
- The initial consultation is free. This is the point at which we discuss your wants and needs along with design ideas you may have. I will come to the meeting prepared, with suggestions after I do some research.
- During this meeting, expect to discuss your individual taste and your expectations.
- After the initial consultation, I will develop a proposal of the estimated cost to build your website. There is no charge for my proposal.
- When you approve my proposal, we can discuss domain names and web hosting options.
- I submit applications for domain name and web hosting.
- You send me electronic images such as a logo and photos.
- You send me key information you would like included in your website.
- After receiving page content, I will advise you on page size and layout options to make your website visually appealing and easy to navigate.
- We will discuss critical keywords relevant to your website and incorporate them into the text of the individual pages.
- The need for any custom graphics is discussed.
- I will supply you with a temporary web address to preview your website during the development process. Once you are satisfied, we move on to the final approval process.
- I show you the final draft of the developed website for your approval.
- Keywords for your website are reviewed and edited if needed.
- I register your website with Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Future modifications or services that you may need are discussed.
- Your website is published to the World Wide Web!
- You receive a bill for the services I provided.
- Once paid, your website is copyrighted in your name.
The time needed to develop a website varies depending on your needs. I can get you on the internet sooner than you think, with a website you can be proud of. Because I do not use templates, all designs are made to your satisfaction. Call today or email me for your free quote.